View Single Post
50guy
Grand Member

Member Since Feb 2007
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 29, 2007 at 07:24 PM

Well, thank you very much. I think I know a little bit about romance. I am self educated on the subject through experiance. My wife is a very big help in this department too. I am a fast learner. I used to be all macho, still am at times but, not when it comes to being a lover. I know all the right things to say and do. It is not an act either it is how I reall y feel. I am secure enough in my own skin to let myself be tender and gentle. Guys, you can call me henpecked or whatever you want but, I get treated like a king in my house.
My wife bought me a John Deere tractor mower for my birthday. 2 years from now she will turn 55 and I'm going to buy her a Mercades Benz, E320. Why? because I love her and she loves me. We work on our relationship. We have raised our kids and now have 6 grandkids but, we don't sit at home gardening. We go camping, travel, go to events like Home and Garden shows, Car shows and RV shows.
Sometimes we check out new resturants or, I will fire up the charcole grill and make burgers and hotdogs.
We COMMUNICATE. We are friends to the end.
Just so you all don't think we don't tire of each other , we do and that is when I go solo camping, or hiking. Sometimes she will join me on the 2nd or 3rd day of me being out alone or, I will call her and say "kick out the boyfriend I'm coming home early." Sometimes I just show up early and say "all right where is he?" and she will say "he just jumped over the back fence when he heard your truck pull up."
GUYS........
Point is you gotta liven things up. Get active in life together, isn't that what you got together for in the first place? What happened to the sparks? You let them die, you forgot about how to be romantic. You're not less a man because you love the person you live with. Have you told anyone else how much you love your partner? Have you told your partner? C'mon get with the program. If you're having problems with this one how the heck can you expect to find something different in another? It's you that is the problem. Oh, you say she is a cold fish. Well, put a fire under that fish. Dress yourself up, lose the beer belly and scraggely look. Brush your teeth and get a haircut. How about this guys...but a copy of GQ magazine or BestLife or, Men's Journal and read about relationships. Those magazines are for Men. Get educated and stop thinking you know it all. Treat that woman like a queen and she will do anything for you and I garuntee you will bring her to worship you.

Ladies....
It's time to lose the sweat pants and shirt. Hair tied in a ponytail is a turn off. Hey, if the barn needs paint (makeup) then paint it. Get up off the couch and make him a sandwich or bring him a beer. Let him relax. Why is it that you can't stand to see him relax? Forget the honey do list for a weekend and go out with him. Find something to do together.
I know it sounds like I'm ranting here but, hey you are supposed to LOVE each other, that is the vow you took, remember? When it feels like love is dying remember your commitment to each other.
well, I'm going to shut up for now, I guess I'm just a whipped little mouse of a guy......Not!!! I run 3 miles 3X per week and do 100 situps and 75 pushups. in addition I am an avid hiker and regular cave man type but, i know how to love a woman.

Shuttin' up now
50guy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote