View Single Post
Row Jimmy
Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2015
400 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 05, 2015 at 02:27 PM

Cripes my mother is a b***breaker. Her idea of helping me is lecturing me. "What you don't understand is......." and "you'll never get better if you don't......" Last night, I had to listen to a lecture about all the things I need to do with my life (big and small) to make things just perfect for everyone......because of course I'm an embarrassment to the family. I didn't turn out as expected.

The thing with people like my mother is they don't offer solutions, just critique and a "re-steering" of my thoughts in a less than friendly manner. My mother has never been an empathetic person or someone who speaks from experience. She just knows everything and has since Day 1. Her idea of fixing something is to attack it and be sure her opinion is superior to everyone else's.

Yes I'm the 50 year old male still raving on about his mother. I'm sure many of you can relate or perhaps even believe that you inherited much of your bi-polar from your mother. She grew up in an era when mental illness was taboo and no one got treated. They just sort of drank and smoked their way through and by the time they reached 75 or so, heck what's the point now right?

Anyway, hooray for everything. And Happy Friday, don't forget it! Rock on.
Row Jimmy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous37971, Anonymous45023, cashart10, Crazy Hitch, jacky8807, ~Christina