View Single Post
hiddenjewel

Member Since Jun 2007
Default Jul 01, 2007 at 12:51 AM

Thanks Inny for the response!

CPS has given her a very small time frame to do what she is supposed to do or else her son will be removed. She has been extremely angry, so it is impossible to get through to her. She refuses to speak to my mom again, and I know the reason is that my mom refuses to take her in again and take total care of her. At least my mom is getting stronger about this. It is sink or swim for her now.

She is supposed to go get a psych eval and see about some anger management classes, but says there is no way in hell she will. She refuses to "leave her son with a stranger" during any meetings, knowing that the alternative is him being taken by the state. That is all she has to do to keep her son and she doesnt care.

I have been trying to talk her into letting her son come for a "visit" while she takes care of what she has to do but she doesnt think any of this is real. I realize that she is sick and cant help the way she is. I am VERY careful about making her feel I am on her side in this because if she gets defensive then I know I have lost her. I have learned over the yrs how to handle her somewhat. You are right about the little white lies. At this point she thinks I agree with her about everyone picking on her. I just say that while that may be true, what is also true is that this isnt going away so she HAS to fix it!

She told another family member tonight that she wishes she were dead. We are all scared to death for her baby.

I have been talking to the CPS lady who luckily is very nice. I asked her about admitting her to a hospital, but unless she threatens herself or someone else they cant. I told her that I think that this is a personality disorder, and needs some serious intervention quickly. Not just your average "anger" problem or depression.

She wants to help her and not have to take the baby. If we can get her to surrender him to me then it will be so much easier for all involved... so far she thinks she doesnt have to because she plans to leave the base and go back to where she is from. She doesnt get that she has nowhere to go back home anymore. She has burned all her bridges. She had one of my moms friends conned last week. She did the whole poor me, Im a victim routine as usual. We had to make her understand that if she allows my sis and her baby to move in, that it will end very badly like it always does. So that is out.

Her hubby is only 19 yrs old and is training to go to Iraq soon. he doesnt know how to handle her. It has been nothing but violence and shouting since she moved in with him down there. Se threw out both wedding rings, all pics and momentos of their relationship as well as tore up his military achievement awards and papers. She bashed in their new car, and told him and the 1st sargent that she hopes he dies in Iraq. He had no idea what he got himself into, or what to do. At this point he lives in the Barracks and his bosses have told him he is not allowed any contact. I guess he filed for seperation too. They barely knew eachother before he left for basic training. People like her can be very sweet, caring and convincing ya know? She was living in an unweb mother home and her time was almost up. She had to find somewhere to go, and what better way than to get some young kid to marry you, especially one in the military. She was there less than a month before becoming pregnant again. i shudder to think what will happen to the one she carryng now

Sorry this is so long! It is nice to be able to vent to people that have some understanding...

Thanks again
hiddenjewel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote