View Single Post
Anonymous200325

Default Jun 10, 2015 at 08:23 PM

Regarding clonazepam, one thing you can do is to visit the provider who writes your prescription for it right before your insurance coverage runs out, then you'll at least have a prescription for however many refills he/she usually gives you.

I also take clonazepam (a medium-high dose, been taking it for 10+ years too.) I was able to pay cash for my prescription and get it for $17, $22, & $35 (3 different pharmacies) (The prices of clonazepam seem to have gone up since January.)

GoodRx is a fairly good site for comparing drug prices at different large chain pharmacies. You can vary dosage strength and number of tablets and see how the prices change. Sometimes it's cheaper to get a higher strength pill and cut in in half - sometimes it's not.

The site offers its own "coupons" that you can print out to get a super, duper price but I tried that once at Walgreens and the prices that Walgreens came up when they ran the Rx with the GoodRx coupon was higher than Walgreens' cash price. So I just ignore that coupon price.

I started going to a mental health "clinic" after I lost my insurance, but it's not a city or county clinic. It's part of a chain and it contracts with the state to provide mental health care. The co-pay is sliding scale and is low. Even if you got health insurance through "Obamacare", you could still go to this type of facility.

Okay, so your employer is an $ss. Not that unusual. There are tons of people out there who can help you find a health care plan that you can afford. I have a friend who is lowish-income and she has a plan that she likes that has premiums of $50 per month.

If you want to check at healthcare.gov to be sure that your income is one that is eligible for subsidized health insurance, you can look at "Income levels that qualify for lower health coverage costs.

If you have what's considered a "high" income or one that's below the poverty level (or maybe 133% of it, I can't remember) you won't be eligible for a subsidy, but otherwise you will be.

I looked all this stuff up last year, so I remember most of it.

Good luck with all this. I have heard more than one person say that they now have better coverage for less money, so it's not necessarily all bad news.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote