HD7970GHZ
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Sep 2013
2,626 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 19, 2015 at 08:08 PM

Hey Quietmind,

Interesting question. I am curious - what do you mean by feeling completely invisible. Explain how you feel I want to know.

Absolutely I feel like I am completely invisible...

One could interpret your question many different ways. I assume you are alluding to how avoidant personality sufferers often feel separated from human beings and tend to feel, 'outside,' any form of social normalcy and connection... To feel like one does not exist - watching the world spin around him/her and feeling like life goes on without them... Even being around friends and family doesn't cut through this uncomfortable feeling...

If this is what you are asking then I definitely feel this way. Is this what you mean?

In fact the only way I seem to exist is when I am living in my parents basement due to another relapse. But once I am living on my own and I get free time I literally don't know what to do with myself - nor do I know what other people do to fill their time. It's as though I don't exist. So I sit there - alone - and may as well not exist. I can't even activate my facebook account because everyone has lives and girlfriends and careers... I am just this outcast who rarely if ever gets a genuine flavor of life... Do you relate?

Like Snap66 said, "Reach-out/withdrawal tennis," is definitely relevant. The push/pull dynamic... I hate being alone but I hate being rejected and abandoned... This is such a recipe for disaster and the perfect stew for inner conflict: classic man versus himself. What a crappy deck of cards we've been dealt!

But the problem typically lies with us. We may convince ourselves that we feel so separated because others hate us and rejected us - but the truth is we almost always do the pushing away - and that is what leads to our feelings of invisibility. We not only possess the power to push people away - we also possess the power to put ourselves out there and take a risk and pull people close in the process. This is like telling someone they should face their worst fears - but in all honesty: I strongly believe this is the answer to a lot of our problems.

I hope this helps,
HD

"don't put all your eggs - in one basket"
"promote pleasure - prevent pain"
"with change - comes loss"
HD7970GHZ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote