View Single Post
jenniferever

Member Since May 2007
Default Jul 06, 2007 at 01:27 PM

I have scars on my arms, visible scars. The newest ones are more then a year old. Last summer, I was worried about what I would do about clothes, you know short sleves and all that. I decided that I did not care if people saw them. For the most part no one says anything about them, you can tell when someone notices them, but rarely do they ask. Today someone asked, then in a joking tone said "your a cutter arn't you...". It is not funny. People seem to think the idea of a cutter is funny, because of the people who do it for attention I suppose. That was never me, when I was doing it I went to great lengths to hide it. Once I even wore a ace bandage on my arm and lied to people at work telling them I had a biking accident, then I lied to everyone else in my life by telling them that it happened at work. I don't understand how someone could even comment on the scars...especially in the way that this person did.

Just venting, sorry...........