View Single Post
CopperStar
Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2014
155 hugs
given
Default Jun 30, 2015 at 12:24 AM

What drives me kind of nuts is that between the two parties, all I ever seemed to hear/read was:

1. We have to raise taxes or we won't be able to help people!
2. We can't raise taxes, it would hurt too many people, so we can't help more people!

When in reality there is already more than enough money to actually help people, but it gets wasted by the billions trying to police the entire friggin planet, instead of focusing only on defense.

Both parties are full of it, and they both know it. They may as well just come on out as being in cahoots already, because they basically are. With these nonsense, deceptive debates.

We don't have to raise taxes, and we can still help people.

I think too many people think the U.S. is way more flourishing than it really is, both on the inside and out. We are not all that special in terms of quality of life compared to other first world nations. We may have the most powerful military in the world, but that doesn't mean our own regular civilians are living like super stars over here. We have millions of people homeless, millions in poverty. We even have millions of children living in poverty. So I am sick of this delusional notion that we have it so wonderful over here and have all of these excess resources to spread around the planet, while most first world countries barely contribute jack to this crazed mission to transform the whole planet into America. We don't have that level of resources. Our people are suffering because we need those resources back here.
CopperStar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Rose76