View Single Post
Anonymous37868

Default Jul 01, 2015 at 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearpaws View Post
and i'm realizing this morning that it's easy to lose essential parts of myself; identity, hobby, etc., when not in contact with other people. i don't mean constant contact, you know, but when you fall out of touch with the world completely for years-on-end, there's nothing and nobody to bounce your thoughts, feelings and interests off of, making all of them very difficult to gauge or hold onto. i guess the whole 'social species' thing has some merit even when i usually try to convince myself my reclusiveness and avoidance are just natural and correct.
This makes since to me. Being alone so much and preferring it that way, it is easy to forget the upsides to being around others. They can be surprisingly warm, helpful and patient.

I'm trying to learn how to balance my time. How much time can I be with friends or family before I start feeling resentful of the alone time I'm losing. That's probably more of an innie thing than an avie thing. I'm sure it sounds harsh too. My solitude is the thing I'm most defensive of.

Can I ask you if you've ever tried anti-anxiety meds? And if they've helped any.

I agree with what Snap said. It sounds like others are accepting you but you aren't accepting you.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote