View Single Post
jaynedough
Legendary

Member Since Feb 2010
3,768 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 07, 2015 at 04:30 PM

Jo, thanx for your reply! I do have the SLMB which is where Medicaid pays my Medicare premium. I'm on a spend down for full coverage. Once my medical bills reach a certain level, I can get full Medicaid. I haven't reached that in years. The insurance does go towards the spend down, but dropping it won't have much affect. If I drop my insurance, I'll have money for dental work, which I can submit towards the spenddown. And the deductibles and copays will also go towards the spenddown. As will my counselor's fee, since Medicare doesn't cover LPCs unless there's a doctor on premises. He has a private practice, so no physicians.

Sorry I've been kind of dribbling out info. A big part of my problem has been not being able to think this thru. I blame the schizoaffective d/o. Putting it here and getting feedback is helping with the whole thing. It's one of the things I love about this site: That the people here understand the thought d/o issues and I don't feel judged if I can't get it all out at once in a coherent manner.
jaynedough is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote