Nicky123

Member Since Nov 2014
9 hugs
given
Default Jul 07, 2015 at 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snap66 View Post
G'day Nicky,

I guess two things stood out to me. One being how many posts you replied to.
Avies are very concerned with criticism from others and more importantly themselves. Within themselves its like a ever constant burning fire, and with afterthoughts it rages up with our mind taking us through various emotions. To write in lots of threads only increase the chance of being criticized which means we have to monitor and follow that thread while walking on emotional ice. so you can see thats something an Avie wont contemplate . We tend to be ready depending on the responses from others and ourselves to go into damage control when we do finally respond or even ask a question. I guess im trying to say we wont comment to every post on here. We are selective and have to be quite prepared.

The other is all the wonderful things that you mentioned that you are good at (as written in other thread on here). One thing we would never even do simply because we have low self worth and low self esteem and to say we are good at something is a form of compliment in which we don't and wont accept. I did enjoy reading what you're good at and hope you do add to that list too

Sorry i took so long to reply. I have replied a couple of times now but i ended up deleting them.
Hi Snaps,
You're assuming that writing comments come easy to me, not so. I have just written a new thread which I had to write out on paper many times and then when I did write it deleted it several times but as I felt I had to defend myself here, I had to submit it no matter how it sounded. You also assume I take compliment easily, I do not. I am unable to. I wrote what I thought I was good at in a thread where several other member did the same thing but I wonder have you called all them out on writing on their abilities and talents? I have not responded to every comment here. Would it be possible for you to understand that reading about this disorder and identifying with it, that I thought that this was a safe place for me. This doesn't seem to be the case at all. Furthermore, I find both you and another member to be quite patronizing. I hope that you do not treat all newcomers this way, as it's very upsetting. I'll leave it at that.
Nicky123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote