Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
888 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 08, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (JD) View Post
Wrong on both accounts. I am often making a reply to a thread begun by someone either on my ignore list (it's large and I don't keep track) or someone who has me on ignore... and can read it all... thread title, post etc and don't find out until I try to post the comment and THEN it tells me ... I work at putting those who have me on ignore, on ignore... and still I get this.

Perhaps it's because it is the first post in the thread that it shows? Maybe this could be fixed? It's okay that the title shows, but at least don't allow the first post show if made by someone on ignore/ignoring?? That would be nicer.
one thing about me is if I have placed someone on ignore I do not try to read their posts. and do not try to post with in their thread. ie right now I have someone on ignore. I know they are on my ignore list.. i see this person has made a thread. I dont bother visiting that thread because why bother. i cant see what that person has posted with out my taking that person off my ignore list anyway.

even if I click into the thread started by someone ....I....have on ignore I dont see the persons post of the one i have on ignore. i see the other subsequent posts but never the one ...I ...have on ignore. and if I read the subsequent posts in the thread started by someone that ...I ...have placed on ignore, I may not get the reasoning of the thread right because Im missing the information of the original poster (the one I have placed on ignore.) and why should I waste my time writing a post with in this thread by a poster I know ...I...have on ignore when after writing the post it says ...you have this person on ignore. the point of placing this person on ignore is that anything they have posted triggers me.

for me if i have placed someone on my ignore list then its important to me because they trigger me. kind of like i keep a list of my medical issues and my allergies. they are many and I dont always remember. the list is there to let me know. I use my ignore list the same way. if I have put someone on ignore its an important enough reason for me to keep track of not posting or reading this persons posts/threads, i dont want to cause me any harm. I visit my ignore list every day at least once to make sure of who is on my list and who isnt and if there are any changes I want to make. this way its fresh in my mind as I check out the threads/posts of the day.

now if someone ---else.... has me on their ignore list i never find out, not sure why,I assume its because I have chosen to utilize moderating as part of my posting process or if its because I dont try to post with in those I have on ignore and it may be that the ratio to who has me on their ignore vs those posts I respond to are very slim so encountering ...this person has you on ignore...notice is very slim for me. Or it may be that how this is done may have changed. I do remember at pone time reading an ignore thread where people were constantly upset because of getting a notice that someone had them on ignore. maybe this was changed so no one knows who has them on ignore, like with sending pms you can be sending pms to someone who has you on ignore forever and not know you are on their ignore list.

now if im not logged on of course I end up reading posts by those i have on my logged in ignore list. in which case thats my own fault for being triggered by them because I chose to not log in and visit my ignore list to reacquaint myself with who I had on my list yesterday or when ever. simple fix to that ...log in...and the offending post by the poster I have on ignore is no longer seen.

I dont worry about whether those who i have on ignore can read my posts. I cant control others I can only control me. just because I have a problem with someone does not mean they have the same problem with my posts and me.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Georgia Bridge