View Single Post
jaynedough
Legendary

Member Since Feb 2010
3,768 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 08, 2015 at 11:53 AM

Perna, Sorry I didn't catch your reply.... It took me a while to do my last post, which is why I didn't see yours. I'm glad you're going to be able to cut your expenses back! I have a few more years before I can get the lower priced Medigap.

Rose, thanx for more info. That's funny that they offer free contraception to someone who's post-menopausal.

Thankfully, I do get the Extra Help.

That info about why the hospital is accepting $5/month was eye-opening. Yesterday, when I was talking to the lady at the physical therapy place, I found out how much was billed for last month. It was $1600. That's the full, non-Medicare-adjusted amount. The Medicare approved amount will be much less. Even if I had to pay the 20% copay of the full amount, it would still be less than my premium.

I have a car, so the only reason I would call an ambulance would be in an emergency when I couldn't drive myself and my neighbors were out
Possible trigger:

One thing I do wonder about is my home. My brothers and I inherited our parents' house. For now, I live here rent-free (I love my brothers), but pay the bills and part of the yearly costs. Could my portion of the house be taken from me? I would probably end up needing frequent hospitalizations, both psych and medical, if I lived in town.

I better go. Have to get ready for an appointment with my PDoc.
jaynedough is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
(JD)