View Single Post
jaynedough
Legendary

Member Since Feb 2010
3,768 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 08, 2015 at 09:01 PM

Part of my feelings about the house are that I'll cross that bridge when I and if I come to it. I don't have any children, so anything Medicaid might take won't really affect anyone, except possibly, slightly, my niece and nephew. I know if we sell the house, I'd have 30 days to use my portion of the money before it starts affecting benefits.

I did once have a hospital bill turned over to collection. They got very nasty about it. Ironically, it was the hospital that insisted I not work again. I finally got them to put the bill through Hill Burton funding.

I'll keep the taxi option in my head. Hopefully. There have been a couple of taxi companies brave enough to operate in this area. (There are a lot of roads here that probably wouldn't even qualify as tertiary. ) I also recently started talking to one of my neighbors who is retired. He told me to let him know if I needed anything.

My brain is refusing to do any more thinking right now. Thanks for sharing your knowledge; it's quite good and helpful.
jaynedough is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Rose76