View Single Post
Anonymous44613

Default Jul 10, 2007 at 12:17 PM

I have always had low self-esteem issues but recently it has gotten worse on a pathetic level. My therapist identified me as having low self-esteem within the first 3 minutes of my first session. She said I would never be really happy until I learn to love myself.

I am coming to terms that I am in a bad relationship right now. I have tried to work on it and make it better but to no avail. In this relationship, I am isolated from my friends and family. I get depressed when I drive home from work. My brother told me yesterday that I have changed into an unhappy person and I am not the same little sister anymore since I have been in this relationship.

My fiance is a very negative person and I am starting to realize that he is bringing me down. He constantly complains about everything and minimizes my problems. I know he loves me very much but the negativity is apparently contagious.

This past weekend, I hung out with my friends and I snapped back into the person that I used to be...until I drove home. Even though I have low self-esteem at times, I think I would be happier and my old self if I left. Is that possible that others can make you miserable? My therapist says I have to work within to gain self-esteem but I honestly think when I leave, my self-esteem will improve. Any thoughts?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote