View Single Post
Fimbulvetr

Member Since Jul 2015
Thumbs up Jul 12, 2015 at 03:33 PM

May I say something? I have currently been trying to keep from completely losing it altogether because of this type of thing...

I acknowledge this problem, and it still happens and seems unstoppable. I will get up and go to the closet to get some paper towels, then walk over to get them. Once in the general area, I stop and stare...not sure what it was I came in for. I stand in silence, trying to scour my brain for any clue as to what I even got up for in the first place!

I can only look around and try to think of what reason I would have to be in that area at that moment. What could have I been looking for? Do I need my medication? No. Do I need my sunglasses? I'm not going outside. It always ends up with me frustrated and wanting to cry because it happens with *almost EVERYTHING every day!

I lost a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide yesterday, I brought it from the bathroom to the kitchen, and set it down. (I even told myself that I would probably forget something on my way there). I thought that realization would help me remember the bottle, and why I had it in my hand. I found it later that night, next to the toaster oven. Why did I put it there? I know why I had it, because I was trying to make that "Super Soap" peroxide-dawn soap combo. But why I forgot and somehow set it down without knowing where it had gone. I only found it on accident because I was going to make a toaster pizza.

Imagine that sort of thing happening with the remote, ps3 controller, anything. I lose myself going from the living room to the bedroom, then sometimes think, "Well maybe I had to go pee." At least some plausible explanation seems to calm me a little bit, then I don't have to want to cave my own head in.

My feelings about this are extreme, due to the severity. I tell my wife how much I hate myself because I can't remember anything. It upsets me, and causes frequent panic attack onset that are sometimes very hard to suppress. I cannot deal with some things, and when my panic attacks are let loose, it has always been a VERY ugly situation. I hope you find help, and if you do-- please let me know how to fix this, because it's driving me insane.
Fimbulvetr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote