View Single Post
JaGo

Member Since Jul 2015
10 hugs
given
Default Jul 16, 2015 at 12:30 PM

Hey good people.

So, I'm 24 years old, and I've been in 3 serious relationships in my life since college. And they’ve all essentially followed the same trajectory.
  1. Meet a girl and think she’s awesome.
  2. Start dating.
  3. Everything is going great, neither of us have complaints and we fall in love.
  4. 6-12 months into the relationship I become restless and start to get annoyed at the other person for no reason.
  5. I end up breaking things off and everybody’s sad.

I really don’t know why step 4 happens though. Maybe I’m scared of opening up to other people and letting them see that my layers below the surface that aren’t too pretty. Maybe I’m too restless and I know I won’t have as many experiences with other people if I have the responsibilities of being with the same person. Maybe I just get annoyed by people easily. It’s probably all of those things.

When I’m having casual sex and friend with benefits, and I don’t have the responsibilities of a monogamous relationship, I’m always a lot happier. Maybe that’s just what I’m supposed to be doing? I keep telling myself I’m eventually going to get married and have kids but maybe that’s not the life for me and I’m just not meant for serious relationships.

Thoughts? Advice?