View Single Post
Muzikgirl123

Member Since Jul 2015
Confused Jul 18, 2015 at 04:48 PM

I don't really have much background in mental health disorders, but I did have anxiety last year around this time because I was moving away from my parents, starting in a new town at a new college. My anxiety got pretty bad. I quit my job and started feeling signs of depression. I went to a doctor and she said it was definitely anxiety and that depression can also appear in anxiety patients. She didn't prescribe me anything because she didn't suggest it for a temporary issue. I started seeing a counselor at my new college and she was really helpful. She gave me good material to read and advice.

Now, I don't experience those same symptoms anymore. I've been in a long distance relationship for a little over a year now. We've seen each other in person less than ten times. Sometimes visit for a day, sometimes a week or more. I don't know why but for the past few months I've been getting fairly irritated at him for the smallest things. For example, today we were discussing our visit in August. I'll be going to his house and staying with his family for about 2 weeks. However, he works part time and cannot take off the whole time I'm there. I got a bit upset at him and he knew that I was upset. So he started arguing with me and saying that he's saving up so he can move where I live (which i already knew) but it made me feel like he was guilt tripping me even though I know he wasn't trying to. After a while of arguing my brain just shut off and all I was saying was 'okay' and every time he said something I just kept saying okay okay okay in a normal tone of voice. It kinda felt like my brain just shut off and didn't care anymore. When we hung up I didn't want to say I love you or anything. I just said bye and after I hung up the phone, i felt fine. It was such a sudden change in mood and I don't know if it's our relationship or if my anxiety is still there. Sometimes I think I might just be acting selfish and that I should be fine with him working a little bit while I'm there. Maybe it's also the stress of being long distance.

Anyway, TL;DR: maybe this isn't a good example, but sometimes I get upset over the smallest things and it's really difficult for me to get out of a negative mindset or mood. If my boyfriend makes me upset I just shut down and hang up the phone and I feel fine.
Muzikgirl123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
iwonderaboutstuff