View Single Post
cathycat123

Member Since Jul 2015
Default Jul 19, 2015 at 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightmeds View Post

I don't know that being on any amount, however small, will help rid the weight, etc. I've studied and heard that small doses are still sedating and the histamine response is still triggered. I'm down to 50mg at night. I've not lost weight around my midsection, my B/P is still high.. metabolic syndrome symptoms. I hope to be off sooner or later, but then I almost expect to need time for all the ADME ( absorption, digestion, metabolism, excretion ) to take time and for my own body chemistry to adjust or correct.
I'm absolutely miserable thank you seroquel. I had gastric bypass surgery and lost about 100 pounds. I got down too low but then found a healthy weight of about 140. Maintained this weight for more than 7 years. Enter Depression / Anxiety / Stress / bi-polar etc -- Enter Seroquel XR Pristine and temazapam. I was feeling better but before I knew it BAM 40 pounds. Doctor finally admits seroquel could be part of my problem but -- I'm also mid 50's so my metabolism is probably slowing anyway. Hmmm Try losing weight with diet and exercise - no dice. Get a referral to gastric bypass doc. Start seeing doc and nutritionist monthly. Doc prescribes protein shakes and vitamins for two weeks -- do what I'm told - plus exercise - eh - about 2 pounds in a month -- several more months and finally 10 pounds -- I was like "YES!!" Yeah -- well that was more than a year ago and I can't lose weight. I bought a fitbit - increased exercise. Followed strict diet - low carb / lots of salads and lean meat - turkey -- but still not much because I am a gastric bypass person. Nothing. No weight coming off. Talk to doctor and ask -- Can I get off the Seroquel and he says - well -- your anxiety is good so lets keep things like they are. I wanted to scream "Really?" If I was depressed before add 50 pounds and see how I feel. Can't lose the weight. Don't know what will happen if I quit taking it. Or maybe cut it down to 1/2 dose which would be 200 mg. Anyone else tried going off of it? --
cathycat123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote