View Single Post
poruski
Account Suspended

Member Since Jul 2015
Default Jul 24, 2015 at 04:25 PM

The topic is, someone got a diagnosis and is fighting it, and a bunch of people talked about having similar experiences. Look through all the entries; lots people beside the first person talked about their struggles with accepting their diagnosis or lack there of. The thread became global rather than personal, and people gave feedback about each new example.

I think having a diagnosis can help clarify what's going on in your life. It can give you a starting point, and when you're confused and directionless it can be a comfort.

But if you don't have a diagnosis and decide you do anyway, or decide to ignore your doctor's diagnosis, then you are putting up a barrier to making any progress, because you're arbitrarily creating a false starting point. Instead of tackling your issues, first you have to tear away your misconceptions about yourself. I was trying to give suggestions on how to get unstuck from a false starting point so that work can begin.

I ask the same things of myself, too. Just today I asked someone (terrified of what the answer might be) if I use my diagnosis as a crutch.
poruski is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote