View Single Post
Moec22

Member Since Jul 2015
Default Jul 28, 2015 at 09:11 PM

Great Thread!! been really nice to read and see that I'm not alone. I've been taking Seroquel to treat bipolar 2 for the last 4 years now. I was initially prescribed 300mg and took that for over 3 years. The weight gain was immediate. I went from weighing 155lbs and currently am at 200. I eat very healthy and exercise at least 5 times a week, strength and cardio. Still cant lose any weight. 3 months ago I told my Doc I wanted to stop due to some bad blood test results... High sugar and cholesterol not so great. He started with 100mg Topamax at night and wellbutrin in the morning. My moods were great and I was feeling fine...until it was time to sleep. Absolutely couldn't get any sleep without the Seroquel, so after 1 month of terror I went back to Seroquel and only 100mg at night without the other meds... I have gained 10lbs in the last 2 months and I'm headed back to the Doc this week to figure out a new plan. This drug did such great things for me and really turned my life around, but now I feel terrible about the weight and it is just not healthy for me to continue. Hopefully I can get something to help me sleep and avoid this drug and all the baggage it brings.
Moec22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote