View Single Post
sabby
Community Support Team

Member Since Feb 2005
6,304 hugs
given
Default Jul 31, 2015 at 05:55 PM

Hi somat,

I'm sorry that you don't seem to be finding the support you were hoping to find here so far. That doesn't mean that our members don't want to support you, it means that what they try to do is get as much information as they can get to hopefully make a supportive post to you with supportive information.

Since this is mainly a mental health website, we have learned that not everything is just black and white and to make assumptions can be dangerous. So, questions are asked to help make things more clear to those who wish to support you.

Support can come in all shapes and sizes. Sometimes we can look for something specific and find another kind of support from a different view that is helpful. We even have members here that are willing to put time into researching as best they can to give others support, telling them of specific information or places that may be helpful.

I've been a member here for over 10 years and honestly, I don't ever remember anyone looking for help overcoming a sex trade until you. It truly isn't a subject that has been spoken about in the way you wish it to be. That does NOT mean that you aren't welcome here to look for support. It just means that we more than likely don't have members who have a background similar to yours or that they wish to discuss it even if they did. To each his own, no?

I truly hope that you find what you are looking for, whether it be here or somewhere else. Everyone deserves to have a place to land and feel safe to talk about their issues. Maybe you can help us by being a bit more specific as to what kind of help and support you wish to have.

Take care!
sabby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote