View Single Post
Anonymous32498

Default Jul 18, 2007 at 07:25 AM

I totally respect any person who has a problem and requires support talk to help get through it. I have needed it myself. However...support needed is sometimes laughter. Have we forgotten that famous line "Laughter is the best medicine"? If tehre is something serious and we all need a moment to talk about it, many times, some people try to use a bit of humour to pick up a person's morale. They are not laughing or lessening the other person's problem. I doubt that anybody in the chat rooms are disrespectful. I have never witnessed disrespect. We must remember as a person in need, we do not get the advantage of viewing a respondent's facial expression when they make a statement or ask a question. It is easy to misinterpret a statement.

Life is serious enough and humour is not meant to demean or disrespect another person's problem. So please stop condemning a bit of humour and lighthearted chat in the support room. Sometimes, smiles and laughter do not solve the problem, but they can help to make the road to recovery alot more pleasant.

Private chats are an option. If people expect to be left alone to converse about a private matter....do they sit in an open area that invites others into the chat and then ask then to stay out of the conversation? If an problem is existing and I log into an open chat room, I log into it to get perspectives and viewpoints and objectives. If I want a private chat, I will go to a private room. If the person wants a private chat but does not know the process, I know that everybody who chats online will be happy to help that person find a private area. So please stop condemning these good people in chat. They have a good heart and sometimes it needs to be light and cheerful.

If there are many people in the room at the time one enters it for a serious topic, expect various participants with varying degrees of understanding and personalities. That is how we grow in life.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote