View Single Post
mindmechanic

Member Since Apr 2015
1 hugs
given
Default Aug 11, 2015 at 10:12 PM

Thank you all for sharing. Not wanting to be a part of the families a schizoid tendency. I think it is difficult for outsiders to see how we're able to keep to ourselves so much and spend that much time alone. Intellectually, do you see the value of relationships? Or do you just not get it on an emotional level?

I always felt different (out-of-place) since I was a little kid. I couldn't click with kids my age and preferred hanging out adults. As I grew older, I thought that maybe it's because I'm an old soul. But now I'm beginning to see that there's more going on - I truly do have schizoid tendencies. When you don't even fit in with the people who don't fit in, it indicates that something is really wrong with you.

Are you guys inclined to think that our schizoid tendencies are innate or brought on by our environment and experiences? Or maybe it's the combination of both factors. I think that the childhood abuse played a role, but I think that I was already predisposed to schizoid tendencies prior to the abuse. I feel like my schizoid tendencies are irreversible even if I'm able to heal and come to terms with the abuse. I tend to stay away from absolute statements; however, I think and feel that this schizoid part of me wouldn't change. I literally do not see a need for people except for occasions when I need a doctor or help with whatever that I'm working on. I rarely desire human contact as well, unless I'm very bored and feeling goofy.
mindmechanic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote