vital
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2014
1,785 hugs
given
Default Aug 13, 2015 at 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingSheeps View Post
Hi, i'm 22 years old, and I feel constantly depressed since 9 years now.
When it began, I immediately asked help to my father, because I knew it was better not to hide it. So he redirected me to a psychiatrist, which gave me immediately the antidepressant Seroplex, which didn't work.

Then I tried to understand, and to talk. I read many articles of a good psychotherapist, then I talked to him several times. Even though he was very good, I didn't have much things to say, because I didn't see what was wrong with me. I never had personal problems of any kind, I just suddenly stop liking every activities, and I was losing each of my friend due to that. I'm alone since then, even if some people like me a lot. I can't have any fun with them, and it's frustrating.

Then I tried antidepressants again, of many kind, and not only one like last time : I tried ALL I could try. I didn't count, but more than 10 for sure. During months, I tried many, many. And noone had effects. Last one I tried was an IMAO, I really thought it would work because I heard it was good with endogenous depression (not caused from exterior), and I never had any personal problems, but it didn't work. I asked my doctor if I could do electroshocks, because I heard it was recommended when antidepressants are not working, but he said a big no.

Now I am trying to just live, but this is not really working. I really left anyone I knew. I spent most of my time on videogames, not having fun but at least spending time while I was trying to find a solution, but now it doesn't work anymore. I'm asking your help now. What would you do in my case?

Sorry for the long post. I am not sure if it's the right place for it, but it seems. Thanks for those who have the patience to read it.
Hi CountingSheeps,

Don't worry about the antidepressant's not working. That's not at all unusual. Here is what I think is the best overall plan:

http://forums.psychcentral.com/4262681-post105.html

and these notes might help to understand what's going on in your head when you're depressed:

http://egg.bu.edu/~youssef/SNAP_CLUB...0164151576.pdf

- vital
vital is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
2Dcutout