View Single Post
lavendersage
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2011
198 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 14, 2015 at 11:51 AM

I really like this psych so far; he seems like he knows what he's doing.

He thinks it's priority 1 to get the depression under control and gave me a bunch samples of 5 & 10mg packets of Brintellix. He told me to see how I do in terms of with/out food re: potential nausea (common side effect). He also thinks (and I agree) that it's best to try one med at a time.

He's not very concerned about the use of Xanax for sleep. He said it's 117th on his list of priorities for me. Right now he said it's working and perhaps we'll work on it at some point but first he wants to work on the depression.

He also had me do a genetics test to evaluate medication sensitivities. He brought up doing it before I even had the chance to. I was so happy when he said that I could have kissed him on the mouth. Thank God: a doctor who's not stuck in the Dark Ages. I've half-expected some of the dunces I've seen in my past to come at me with leeches or want my mom's after-birth from delivering me so that they could "read it".

I took a 5mg of Brintellix at 10:45 (1 hour ago) on a semi-full stomach and so far feel nothing except a slight headache and cautiously hopeful.

We also spoke about ADHD testing and his thoughts about that. I'm going to post that part of our discussion on a thread in the ADHD section. I think Nike007 will find it of particular interest.

We shall see.
lavendersage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
boomerango

Thanks for this!
Rohag