View Single Post
A Red Panda
Grand Magnate

Member Since May 2013
882 hugs
given
Default Aug 15, 2015 at 08:45 AM

I'm often drawn to shy people. Even though I know I don't ACT like AvPD, I definitely have the thoughts/emotions.

I'm also drawn to people who have anxiety/depression - I seem to just pick up on subtle cues, so I reach out to them.

I enjoy confident people, but they are often the people who I get nervous around. I shut down and show my younger shyness more often. I just sort of let them take over everything, whereas with my shy/anxious friends I'll often take the lead to alleviate their own stress.

I also, unintionally, end up drawn to people who take advantage of others, and people who are manipulative. I'm getting a lot better at identifying this quickly so that I can withdraw from it, but it still catches me!

"I have a problem with low self-esteem. Which is really ridiculous when you consider how amazing I am.

A Red Panda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
JadeAmethyst