Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 16, 2015 at 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenButterfly32 View Post
Ok I need to clarify: I am not seeing my friend as a therapist. I just asked her a few questions and told her I have been researching AvPD. I would never talk to her about all of this stuff! That wasn't really the point of my post but seems to be what people are commenting on the most. My point was really just that I think I have these traits even though I have not been diagnosed. I just feel like reading more and more about it- it's just making my life CLICK! Like suddenly everything makes sense. My past, my insecurities, my behaviors that seem a little "off"

I'm afraid to take the plunge of face to face therapy though.

Has anyone else here come upon that realization on their own? Or was it more or less a therapist who told you "this is what you have"? I just feel like I know myself better than any therapist could evaluate me.
No need to clarification. I wanted to encourage you to see a professional.
Sure, you know yourself better than anyone. The one who tells you the oppossite is wrong. Simple as that.

I was diagnosed as an avoidant 7 or 8 years ago. Now, I have been diagnosed again. It seems my traits of avoidance are product of a dependent personality. And now, past experiences make more sense to me.

The reasons to go to a professional is not a diagnosed itself but that this diagnoses will be so accurate that involves all the traits to work and that this diagnoses doesn't become a heavy brick that stops you to progress.

Good luck, and as I told you. You are very welcome.

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)
AzulOscuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote