View Single Post
rainbow in the dark

Member Since Aug 2015
8 hugs
given
Default Aug 20, 2015 at 08:07 AM

Hi Breezy~Day:

I have been diagnosed with schizotypal and can relate to a lot of what you wrote. I don't have many friends anymore and don't really try to get them. That is part of the diagnosis-unable or not wanting close relationships. I have paranoid thoughts that people are going to mess with me and/or hurt me. I don't have any auditory or visual hallucinations. Mainly they are persecutory delusions about fear of being judged/talked about. I have a lot of the characterizations of a schizotypal...when I told my brother what they diagnosed me with, he said it described me spot on. I think you should get a therapist and let them decide because there are slight differences and similarities within the personality disorder/schizophrenia spectrum. I also have social anxiety and do not enjoy being around a lot of people and even though I would like to have real friends that I could trust, I really don't try to meet people. Schizotypal is rather unique and the main part that for me is the inability to have close relationships. Also, I like being alone a lot of the time because I'm kind of an introvert. Like you said that you don't feel comfortable around other people...neither do I. Well, it sounds to me like you might be schizotypal but it would be best to see a professional and let them listen to you and get a diagnosis. The main thing with me is I'm paranoid a lot of the time and I have difficulty having close relationships.

Not many people write in the schizotypal part of this website so if you want to get feedback from more people you could write it in another part, also. I hope you are doing well and having a nice day, take care
rainbow in the dark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Psychochick