View Single Post
madscientist1129

Member Since Aug 2015
16 hugs
given
Default Aug 25, 2015 at 09:06 AM

Hi Stormie, I'm sorry to hear you're having such a rough time. Especially since I experienced much of the same feelings when I started college. The interesting part is that my anxiety was worse when I went to class and going back to my dorm made me feel better. Regardless, I know the feelings of anxiousness and homesickness.

These first weeks are the hardest. I jokingly reminisce that I had the freshman -15 because I lost a significant amount of weight in my first month of college due to my anxiety (and possibly our terrible dorm food...).

I can say that it gets better, and you are certainly not the only one who feels this homesick. Try to stick it out and if you can, look into your school's counseling resources. At first, I felt ashamed when I decided it was time for me to see a counselor at school, but it helped so much to talk to someone about how I was feeling, and I realized that there is nothing wrong with admitting you'd like help. In fact, I later learned that a lot of people I knew went to the counseling center for various reasons. College is a stressful time. There are lots of changes, but in my opinion it was worth sticking it out because it's also one of the most fun times of your life! (Even if it doesn't feel that way right now)

Good luck, I'm wishing you nothing but the best
madscientist1129 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Stormie_Lee