View Single Post
AnxietyMaster

Member Since Jun 2015
84 hugs
given
Default Aug 27, 2015 at 11:19 PM

This is just a short note. When I am in a really stressful or fearful situation, I do the weirdest thing. I will be on the verge of totally freaking out on the inside, but this fear driven smile and happiness keeps me looking happy. This freaks a lot of people out, because I will be in a super stressful situation and be totally smiling. I literally can't stop it. An example is when my mother was talking about mental illness and crying, and I sat in my chair unmoving smiling. She looked at me in this way of "what is wrong with you" and left.

The point of this post is, especially in teens, be careful. I went for seven years suffering from multiple gastrointestinal disorders that were horrifyingly painful for me, without saying a word to anyone. I am trying to say that everyone, especially teens, are good at suffering in silence.

Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction, Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Alternating, Mild Social Anxiety Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - PI

Rx: Vyvanse 30mg, Propranolol 10mg PRN, Amitriptyline 25mg PRN

Previous Rx: Lots of Amoxicillin, Alprazolam, Ibuprofen 200mg
AnxietyMaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote