View Single Post
ParanoidPizza

Member Since Oct 2014
11 hugs
given
Default Aug 31, 2015 at 09:35 AM

So, I need advice on this issue. My nephew is 14.

He seems to lie about everything almost like he is just lies to lie.

Here is an example. We were on skype voice chat. He talks to himself a lot out loud and mentions he is opening a program which is related to another voice chat. I ask, "Why are you opening Overwolf?" He says, "no reason".

Okay no big deal. Then he stops talking and gets quiet like he is listening to something. Then says,"Hold on a sec." I ask, "Who are you talking to?" Since I was not talking I know it was not directed at me. He stutters and says I'm talking to no one.

I tell him, if you want to talk to other people in the game you're playing that's cool, just let me know and I'll get off skype.

He proceeds to deny being on the other voice chat. At this point he is talking but I can't ell if he is talking to me or someone else and I say again. It's okay, we can stop skyping. Then he goes into, yes he is on the other voice service but he didn't think I needed to know, as if I was invading his privacy by asking.

I explain, Its fine if you want to talk to other people, you just shouldn't lie about it, there is no reason to lie about it. I have no issue getting off skype so you can talk to other ppl.

At that point he stops responding and I end the call.
ParanoidPizza is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote