Supreme Artisan

Member Since Nov 2014
205 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 05, 2015 at 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Christina View Post
I guess people could abuse it . but if a member triggers someone for any reason , even if its just the one placing someone on ignore is due to different opinions... its still a valid reason to use the ignore feature.. I broke down after 3 years of never using it.... I now have and I must say I wish I had used it sooner.

If I ignore a Person , they can not reply to a thread I started. If its a thread by anyone else or the person that I have on ignore I can't see what they post , I can see anyones reply to whatever that OP posted.
In theory that works well and good, and I do respect that member's choice to ignore me if they are feeling I may be threatening their mental stability. However, when used to as a means to post things I or anyone they ignore can't reply to even civilly, in a forum that requires just that, a civil debate and equally opportunity for both sides to be heard, it gets to be ridiculous and unfair. The OP can dominate with their own personal viewpoint and the opposing side has no chance to defend themselves except to post an entirely new thread on the same topic just to be heard, which I believe is also against the rules.

It's a fine line between using the ignore feature for self care and using it with malicious intent, like I am describing.

MY BLOG IS NOW CONVENIENTLY LOCATED HERE!!
[UPDATED: 4/30/2017]

LIFE IS TOO SHORT, TOO VALUABLE AND TOO PRECIOUS A THING TO WASTE!!