Veteran Member

Member Since Nov 2013
55 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 10, 2015 at 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQiao View Post
Thank you. I worry that I may come across as too... brusque in my responses when that isn't my intention. I just really don't do emotions or express sympathy well, so I focus on what I can do, which is give practical advice that people can use or not as they see fit.

@monkeybrains21-
thecrankyone also has a good idea. Art therapy is actually a good medium for people who don't have the words to understand what they are feeling. Sit down and draw for a bit. For one thing, the act of drawing will give you something to focus on and provide an action that will allow you to calm down. Then you can examine the lines and colors and whatever else you came up with in order to try and understand what you are feeling. Like if you find yourself doodling a wilting flower, then maybe you're sad. If you drew something that looks kind of like an exploding volcano or whatever, then you might feel like you're about to have a meltdown. You might even find that intentionally drawing something that depicts an opposite type of scene can cause a shift in your mood to something more stable. All you could do was make chaotic scratches and scribbles? Try to draw another picture, this time with soft curving lines. Maybe you could post your pictures on here and open up some discussions about what you were feeling when you drew the picture.
It did seem a bit harsh and I did react very negatively to it but I calmed down. It's not ur fault I just tend to take things very negatively. I do like practical as logic. I have an extremely hard time figuring out what I really feel. Ido appreciate the responses. I saw the Inside Out movie tonight and was enlightened. Yet I still have no idea what the emotions feel like. I can look at a person and tell what emotion is going on with them it am completely oblivious to myself.

It's like I stuffed all my feeling except anger down a hole and can't reach them. I do paint, but usually only when really depressed and SUI. I've tried painting other times and absolutely hate them. I have an art degree and went to art school. My paintings r on here in my profile. I haven't added more recent ones but really I have had no motivation for it. I don't have a lot of motivation for anything anymore.

When I paint I paint with nothing on my mind. I can't plan it or anything. I just put my headphones on and let the music play and pick the colors I feel and let it go.

Klonopin 1mg night
monkeybrains21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote