View Single Post
popuri88

Member Since Aug 2015
Default Sep 11, 2015 at 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulOscuro View Post

I have found along these years of therapy and psychiatrists and meds, that there are many possibilities that I am another BPD bad dignosed.
Like there are avoidants and many other disorders bad diagnosed.
I think the problem is that the psychiatrist bases the diagnoses in the visible symptons such as, depression, social anxiety, avoidance...some others, it seems to me that diagnose the symptons to avoid putting the patient a label.

Can I ask you what made you consider a BPD diagnosis and what made you dismiss it?

Years ago I was in treatment and I suggested to my therapist that I could have a personality disorder. It was our third encounter and he said something like "I highly doubt that". I understand he wasn't going to diagnose me, a teenager back then, with a life-long PD after my third session, but even then I could easily see myself as an avoidant or a BPD.

Right now I think I fall out of a BPD, though I'm not completely sure. I'm starting to suspect my mother has BPD and seeing her traits in me is scary. As for the AvPD, I'm pretty sure I have it. 98% of what I read about AvPD is simply... me!
popuri88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote