View Single Post
anon2216

Default Sep 15, 2015 at 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baleful View Post
About a year ago I started considering that I mat be asexual, but before I had always assumed I was straight.
I've never been in an intimate or sexual relationship and I'm just about out of high school, but I've also never exactly tried to get in one. Eventually I realized that I am still capable of "falling in love" with other people, all of which have been male, but I don't want a sexual relationship at the same time... It's really confusing. I suppose I only want an emotional/romantic relationship, you could say, but I don't think the same way about girls as I do about guys. I can still find guys attractive. I also think that I could be in a (minimally) sexual relationship in some cases and if it is absolutely with the right person if that is what they want. I did a little research on it, so would I be a heteroromantic graysexual?
I know a lot of people say that "labels" and such don't matter, but in the end I think I'm just curious and I can still always change to become whatever else, and I wanted to hear other peoples opinions. Please tell me any thoughts on this, thanks!
Bale you have your life ahead of you to make all the choices that you want and or need. If you want to be in a romantic relationship with no sexual involvement, make it known, and if it can't be respected that isn't the right person. Keep your options open, but keep them narrow to stay in perspective. I think it is admirable to have the identity and intent you do, especially in the era we are in. I see a lot of reckless abandonment, kind of like back in the 60's (listen all you old hippies out there, please don't slam me for that reference, I wish I would have grown up in that era myself). So stick it out and the right someone will come along and you never know may even sweep you off your feet. Stay real and keep true to yourself.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Baleful