View Single Post
amandalouise
Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
888 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 15, 2015 at 10:19 PM

i cant speak for the therapist that you are talking about but I can tell you that there are many different ways treatment providers work with their clients. one way is to ask questions then after a while have the client take the lead. this approach comes from a standard of clients know why they are in therapy, they know what they need to work on, so once they understand what therapy is to back off and let them tell you what their problems are without the treatment provider needing to walk them through the process.

Im guessing that this treatment provider feels you are at a place in your therapy that you dont need someone treating you like a child asking questions to get you to open up, maybe they think you are ready to take the lead and be proactive in your therapy rather than what we call in my location "follow the leader" game of follow the therapist.

my suggestion is decide ahead of time what you want to work on with your therapist and then go prepared to work on those issues that you are having a problem with, be proactive rather than playing follow the leader.

another suggestion if you think you may not be ready for taking the initive with your therapy sessions maybe you can tell your therapists now or in the future that you like it when a therapist leads with questions and explain why you like that approach. then the therapist can let you know if they can do that for you.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote