View Single Post
AngstyLady
Grand Member

Member Since Sep 2013
435 hugs
given
Default Sep 21, 2015 at 01:06 PM

Maybe it's just that I'm seemingly undiagnosed, but I was thinking about how perception (our own) can influence our symptoms- for instance when I take some of the mental health quizzes on PC, sometimes it says I'm bipolar, other times it doesnt- sometimes it says I'm autistic, other times it doesnt.
It's just frustrating. When I'm in a more negative mood/mindset my answers in the aspergers quiz are going to say I have aspergers because my preference of the time will be to be by myself more and my answers will reflect that-
I think if anything I'm a hyperactive semi recluse with mild bipolar symptoms-
my last psychiatrist I was seeing diagnosed me as having schizoaffective disorder,
I don't know how accurate that is though.
It's frustrating because there's so many symptoms from different disorders out there that overlap each other and that can be confused with each other I'm usually better off not thinking about it- my mom used to say I was a hypochondriac when I was a child- she still does- of course this is the same woman who's in denial of her anxiety disorder that myself and the rest of the family are aware of- I've gotten close to convincing her to seeing a therapist or at least getting medication but she always backs out.
I myself choose not to go to therapy because usually it does more harm than good- it just brings up all the past that rehashing doesn't help- it's like cutting open old wounds- somethings are better left unspoken- I'd rather just deal with the present.
I know where I've been and what's influenced me to be where I am not, emotionally and mentally- it's just a matter of coping and moving forward in a positive manner.
Sorry, I've realized some of my posts are as unorganized as my thought process- I've been distracted by my bf who just came home.

People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used.
The reason things are in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used ~Unknown
AngstyLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote