Thread: I found out...
View Single Post
EmptyInside22

Member Since Jul 2015
Default Sep 26, 2015 at 06:03 AM

So I saw a psychiatrist a little while ago and it turned out to be rather interesting as all the advise she gave me kind of went against advise i have been given before. She actively encouraged me to do a lot more reading up on personality disorders etc.

I have temporarily got the label of 'unstable personality disorder' until i do more research because she says it could be schizoid pd but i also have a lot of symptoms that match schizotypal pd. They are both from cluster A or introverted personality disorders, she also told me that i managed to fit all the criteria for Avoidant Personality Disorder in cluster c as well.

She explained that she can only go by which symptoms i tell her about but only i can really decide which diagnosis fits me best because only i really know myself. There really isn't a huge amount of information out there but i am pretty sure I have both Schizoid PD and Avoidant PD, not Schizotypal as one of the main symptoms of that is disordered beliefs in things such as angels or ghosts and other things like that and i just don't.

I am now on waiting list for psychotherapy but the psychiatrist did underline the fact that i would only get 40 sessions which is half what i probably need and that she wasn't sure how much it would help me because i was so difficult to talk to, lol she even pointed out she had to ask twice as many questions of me to get information as any 'normal' person.

Anyhoo... that's just my update because i felt like getting it out of my head.

when inside I am slipping, falling down.

Behind my mask I do not smile,
come and sit with me awhile.
You could never imagine how much I hide,
sad and lonely, I'm EmptyInside"
EmptyInside22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote