View Single Post
tiger8

Member Since Jul 2015
7 hugs
given
Default Sep 27, 2015 at 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus8548 View Post
I think the reason that an SPD can and will be infatuated with someone is because he/she believes (perhaps subconsciously) that "normal" people should pursue the opposite sex in the normal course of human events. But for me as an SPD my infatuation cannot progress to the next stage of love because my SPD is rejecting the associated constant contact with the love object and I feel anxiety. So I eventually sabotage or terminate the relationship. Thus the SPD person in the infatuation stage seeks to be like the larger population and temporarily is possessing two different personality constructs simultaneously (the normality seeker and the SPD), until the infatuation ceases.
Uh I may not actually be SPD but that's not how it works for me. I turned SPD-like when I was 18, though I was always a pretty detached person. I was able to have some really superficial crushes before that, afterwards something really went wrong. I just couldn't connect with anyone.

Except once when I was somehow made actually feel something. I was not anxious about it, it was very nice, but it didn't last long because I thought there was no future for us. When I say it didn't last long, think of seconds, lol.

Anyway, it was not because I wanted to be like the larger population, that applies more to my recent idea of how I should develop friendships but it's also because I used to have friendships alright before I turned 18...

So your theory sounds interesting but do you have any idea why there is anxiety generated by constant contact with the love object?

I don't actually have that, no infatuation and no anxiety either, I just feel so disconnected from emotions in most relationships I've tried. Because yeah I did try to have some romantic relationships, it just seemed pointless with me being this way.
tiger8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote