View Single Post
tiger8

Member Since Jul 2015
7 hugs
given
Default Sep 27, 2015 at 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand. View Post
You're not in the wrong forum since you're asking about SPD. So you're good. Is it possible you have SPD? I think so. If nothing else it sounds like you can relate to certain aspects of it. I'm guessing you've seen the diagnostic criteria for it since you're asking and have noticed, yourself, that you relate to some degree.

Do you have it? Not even the best psychiatrist could really tell you on a forum (you may already understand that). If you've ever had a chance to see the DSM-IV or V you'll see how big it is. There's a lot of overlap between disorders, so differential diagnosis would be needed from someone who can sit down and talk to you face-to-face.

It sounds like this is affecting your life enough to warrant actually doing that if you so desire. Getting a diagnosis from a qualified professional, I mean.
Thanks for the reply. Frankly though, I'm tired of dealing with psychologists/psychiatrists. They either just want to give you medication or after quite a few sessions already paid for, it turns out they can't help you due to not having the right qualifications or they don't have time for regular enough appointments or I just don't mesh well with them, etc. I am also skeptical about psychotherapy being efficient especially at the price it comes at for one hour of talking. It's a really really inefficient use of time. Surely there are other options?

Last edited by tiger8; Sep 27, 2015 at 11:48 PM..
tiger8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote