View Single Post
tiger8

Member Since Jul 2015
7 hugs
given
Default Sep 29, 2015 at 04:17 AM

I'm going to post this here too because maybe it doesn't belong in the BP forum. Anyone got any thoughts?

I was basically told this first and then my reply is below:
Quote:
You say you don't want to be isolated anymore-that doesn't sound like schizoid PD. PwSPD have a hard time interpreting human interactions and prefer to be alone. Having to interact with people can cause anxiety and drain their energy. I don't think the desire for isolation would go away without treatment, if at all.

Yes I had exactly that a long time ago. Anxiety, energy drain. Specifically for a few years I had incredible energy drain if around people. That started up when I was 18. I could not go to school or to a workplace. I stayed in isolation for 10+ years overall. (I did remote work.) I no longer have that sort of energy drain somehow, it went away after enough rest I suppose. The desire for isolation did not go away on its own though, it only changed 4 years ago when I ran into some guy who I tried to have a relationship with. That relationship lasted for a month but I never fell in love or anything, just the initial contact made me feel like I was connected.. for a short time or something. I never had that experience before I think? Not even before I was 18 and my normal default self. Then I just changed into this crazy and moody person afterwards lol and no longer wanting isolation. I'm 32 now btw if I didn't mention that.

...Does this sound like some messed up form of SPD? I'll add, I do still like being alone a lot but it's no longer as simple as just spending time on my own :| I wish it was.
tiger8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Rand.