View Single Post
vital
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2014
1,785 hugs
given
Default Oct 08, 2015 at 10:21 PM

Hi Freewilled,

Wow, I'm so happy to hear how well you're doing!!

I think that sudden drastic improvements like yours sometimes happen because SNAP club really is getting at the true core of depression and if you can get at that directly, the rest of the symptoms sometimes just melt away.

As to whether it will last, I've been doing it for more than a year now myself and it really does keep working, at least for me. As for being worried about mania, remember, you just went from needing hospitalization to feeling great in two days! I think that anyone would feel giddy just from that huge contrast. I remember when I first realized that I didn't have to suffer any more and the incredible relief I felt at that moment. I felt a little giddy too. You may also find that you have lots of extra physical energy. That happened for me. I didn't realize it, but being depressed was a constant, constant physical drain on me, even if I wasn't actively being stressed.

If you're worried about mania, I would just watch out for racing thoughts or anything like that, notice them and just decide (SNAP) to calm down if you want to do that. I don't think that this can be bad for you, it's just re-connecting you with your own true inner power. You haven't felt that in a long time perhaps . SNAPs also bring present moment awareness and being calmly aware can help if you ever feel like you are getting uncomfortable.

As for not finding it elsewhere on the internet, lots of people are downloading the notes, but this is still very new. I'm not a medical professional, but the real professionals at Brigham and Women's hospital (a very prestigious hospital here in Boston) thought this was interesting enough to let me show it to about 15 of their depression patients a few months ago and they have invited me back to do the same for a new group of patients. Doing this with people in person has also given me more confidence that it really works. You can see it in people's reactions even as you explain it. People suddenly realize that this is really it.

- vital

Hugs from:
avlady, Freewilled

Thanks for this!
Freewilled