x123
Veteran Member

Member Since Jul 2014
159 hugs
given
Default Oct 11, 2015 at 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadfish View Post
I think it's very much possible to have PTSD due to psychosis. Because you still experienced those horrific things, even if they weren't real.

Are you seeing a therapist?
Thanks. I'm seeing a therapist about other problems. A few weeks ago I got an email from a friend who was part of my paranoia at that time. I thought I was over the psychosis, but the email brought back those memories and feelings of helplessness and shakiness. That lasted only an hour or so until I forced myself to read and respond to his email. I described this to my therapist and my theory of PTSD, but she didn't seem to want to pursue it in our session. When I first mentioned my experience of psychosis, she wanted to put me on anti-psychotics, but I finally convinced her that I am no longer having psychosis. My problem is the memories.

A couple of years ago, smaller things would trigger the memories and paranoia, and they would continue for a day or two instead of an hour. So I'm getting better. It seems like yesterday even though it was 2009.

EDIT: My other problems that I'm discussing in therapy are very minor. I have trouble getting along with somebody, and I'm depressed, and so forth - lots of little things. Sometimes I feel ashamed to be going to therapy for such small things when others need it more.
x123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
avlady, KQiao