x123
Veteran Member

Member Since Jul 2014
159 hugs
given
Default Oct 11, 2015 at 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQiao View Post
I understand how you feel. So much of what is wrong with me is a result of past experiences. My life now? I have minor irritations that I should be mature enough to work around, but somehow always throw me off. The little things tend to build up until I fall off my wagon and stress binge, but sometimes something comes up out of the blue to smack me right in the face with a PTSD meltdown. Unfortunately, I never know for sure what is going to tip me over that edge. Largely, there is nothing wrong with me or my life. Maybe it's the fact that I'm actually in a safe place where I can explore these issues that I've never dealt with before, but I still feel uncomfortable with the thought of going to therapy when there have to be so many people who are in need of it right this second for an ongoing/current crisis. On the other hand, I worry that if I don't deal with my issues now while I'm in a state to manage them that I run the risk of becoming one of those people who are in desperate need of a therapist for a crisis right now...
If you're in therapy already then you're there because you sense you need it. Maybe you haven't actually managed to hit on what's bothering you so much, or haven't gotten to a point of trust where you can delve into what is bothering you with your current therapist yet. Someone else pointed out that it doesn't cost anything to post on here though, and nobody has to respond unless they are interested in the topic. Maybe reading responses or about others' issues can help keep things in perspective while you deal with your own.
Thanks, I agree with you. It is probably good to do therapy as prevention - like a stitch in time saves nine. You should not feel bad for making yourself stronger while you have the opportunity.
x123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
avlady