Thread: Age difference
View Single Post
Gemstone
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2005
Default Aug 03, 2007 at 09:04 AM

I think it really depends. My husband and I are only a few months apart age wise, and I kind of like it that way. We grew up at the same time, experienced a lot of the same things, and it is comforting knowing that we will grow old together.

I don't think it makes a huge difference when you are both younger, but it is when you are aging. If you are going to be with someone significantly older you would have to resign yourself to knowing that you will be caring for them when they are too old to care for themselves. I want to grow old with my husband, and I wouldn't want to be full of life as his health was declining. I know its a possibility even with someone the same age, but I guess its less of a possibility.

My parents had a 12 year age difference. My father was 12 years older. They are divorced now. My father always acted even older than his age, and kept friends 10 years older then him. They didn't have a good relationship.

My dad is now nearing 70 and he is married to a woman who was in kindergarten with my sister. They had a child recently. I have to be honest in saying that the relationship kind of disgusts me.