Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
888 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 23, 2015 at 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy_tiger View Post
I don't know if I did the trigger warning properly. Triggering for sexual abuse and exploitation by a therapist.
I have DID. I was diagnosed when I was in my late teens. I sought treatment from a therapist who specialized in trauma. She molested me. I didn't know what to do, so I kept seeing her. Since then, I've never told anyone about my DID or what she did. I'm trying to see a new T, but I just don't trust them. I'm so traumatized. I lose time.
wecome. not sure if you know this but two years ago the USA went through some major changes in how mental disorders are diagnosed and treated...

my point is that its now very rare to have what happened to you happen now, compared to 12-20 years ago (another post said you have a 12 year old son with schizophrenia so Im guessing you are in your late 20's to 30's and that your diagnosis and mistreatment \abuse by past therapist happened at least 20 years ago) my point to help ease your anxiety on being in or seeking out therapy based on past history of a treatment provider having abused you.

also with this change over to the new diagnostic standards many who received their diagnosis beyond two years ago are now having to undergo new diagnostics \their own diagnosis being compared \re-evaluated to the new diagnostics. many in the past with a diagnosis of DID are upset when their treatment providers are now having to diagnose them with another mental disorder where their dissociative symptoms are better explained than with DID....

my point since your diagnosis was so far in the past when you were a teen ager please dont let it upset you if when seeing a treatment provider now in the present changes your diagnosis because your past diagnosis symptoms and criteria do not add up to the present DID diagnostics...if you end up being switched over to another dissociative disorder or other mental disorder than now includes DID and dissociative like symptoms it just means all your symptoms and problems are better explained with the new diagnostic label.

you can read about the present diagnostics for dissociative disorders that america now goes by in my link at the bottom of my post. or visit a library and ask for the new DSM 5, or your new therapist can explain to you how you fit in with the new diagnostics and what new labeling they now have to use on the files and insurance forms. your treatment providers should also by now have their copy of the DSM 5.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
sleepy_tiger