View Single Post
flockpride

Member Since Nov 2014
47 hugs
given
Default Oct 24, 2015 at 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy_tiger View Post
I don't know if I did the trigger warning properly. Triggering for sexual abuse and exploitation by a therapist.
I have DID. I was diagnosed when I was in my late teens. I sought treatment from a therapist who specialized in trauma. She molested me. I didn't know what to do, so I kept seeing her. Since then, I've never told anyone about my DID or what she did. I'm trying to see a new T, but I just don't trust them. I'm so traumatized. I lose time.

What an upsetting experience. I'm sorry you had that happen to you. Of course you'd be reluctant about working with another therapist. But, hang in there. That was one person, and probably they should have been reported for malpractice or abusive conduct or something. That was totally outrageous behavior for an adult working with a teenager or a therapist working with anyone. It breaks their code of conduct.

You can find a reputable therapist by talking with other health professionals you trust, like your primary physician. You can also talk with friends about finding one without revealing your original diagnosis. That's private information. You don't have to tell anyone about that. Hope this helps.

Thanks for this!
sleepy_tiger