View Single Post
OneInBillions

Member Since Oct 2012
23 hugs
given
Default Oct 28, 2015 at 05:22 AM

Yeah, as a 31-year-old male it's really embarrassing and depressing to be a virgin because it's not by choice. If you make that choice not to have sex then yeah, it's not an issue at all, props to you -- but for people like me who WANT it quite badly but cannot get it, it sucks bigtime. Especially when my dream since childhood was to find just one special female to share my life with, romantically and as best friends.

Honestly I'm still hung up on it. I still fantasize about young love, live it vicariously through media like books and movies. I don't think I'll ever get over it, even though I know it's pathetic and pointless.

I have severe social anxiety -- and yes, I use that as my "excuse," especially to myself. Maybe it really is just a hollow excuse, but it makes me feel better sometimes. It's better than admitting to myself that I'm a broken, useless man that nobody could ever love.

Diagnosis: Social Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, possible Autism Spectrum Disorder
OneInBillions is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote