vital
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2014
1,785 hugs
given
Default Oct 28, 2015 at 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossovers View Post
I have had prolonged episodes of depression since age 19. (I'm now 74.) The principal symptom I experience never appears on any of the standard lists of symptoms. I describe this symptom to my psychiatrist and therapist as a continuous feeling of being drugged, sedated, foggy. I experience the world through a sort of haze, as if I were partially anesthetized. This is not the "brain fog" usually described as affecting memory, thinking ability, or concentration. I can function quite normally but have constantly to "push through" this haze. It takes all the fun freedom out of life. My doctors assure me that this is the way I experience depression. (My scans and MRIs check out fine.) I'm interested to know of other who experience a similar symptom.
Hi rossovers, Especially if your symptoms are unusual, I would ask to be checked for physical or nutritional problems that might have been missed. There are many of these and it has only recently been realized that, for instance, allergies or gut problems or omega 3 fat deficiency, can cause mental symptoms among many others. Here is a video overview

- vital
vital is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote