View Single Post
(JD)
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2003
1,651 hugs
given
Thumbs up Oct 29, 2015 at 02:55 PM

Okay try viewing this from another perspective.

You have been diagnosed with GAD, right? Anything else (just asking)?

Here's the Mayo Clinic's info
Quote:
Symptoms

By Mayo Clinic Staff

Generalized anxiety disorder symptoms can vary. They may include:
  • Persistent worrying or obsession about small or large concerns that's out of proportion to the impact of the event
  • Inability to set aside or let go of a worry
  • Inability to relax, restlessness, and feeling keyed up or on edge
  • Difficulty concentrating, or the feeling that your mind "goes blank"
  • Worrying about excessively worrying
  • Distress about making decisions for fear of making the wrong decision
  • Carrying every option in a situation all the way out to its possible negative conclusion
  • Difficulty handling uncertainty or indecisiveness
Physical signs and symptoms may include:
  • Fatigue
  • Irritability
  • Muscle tension or muscle aches
  • Trembling, feeling twitchy
  • Being easily startled
  • Trouble sleeping
  • Sweating
  • Nausea, diarrhea or irritable bowel syndrome
  • Headaches
There may be times when your worries don't completely consume you, but you still feel anxious even when there's no apparent reason. For example, you may feel intense worry about your safety or that of your loved ones, or you may have a general sense that something bad is about to happen.
Your anxiety, worry or physical symptoms cause you significant distress in social, work or other areas of your life. Worries can shift from one concern to another and may change with time and age.
You wouldn't want to say work causes your GAD because in truth, we aren't sure what causes this dilemma/disorder!

So... rather than take this "personally" (though it is I know)... try writing about the GAD, how IT causes you to need to be able to focus (in a quiet place?) upon the code you are writing... or whatever you need etc. rather than sounding snarky
Quote:
I work at a desk. I take meetings. I do support calls over the phone. I type, I type, and I type. I have to think about abstract ideas in order to organize programming code intelligently. When you are at a professional level you can't just throw code into a program, you have to think about it.

That's a good start really... It's okay, imo, to go ahead and write what you REALLY feel, like the above paragraph, so you have it "all out there".... and THEN rewrite it for the insurance company (they are not rocket scientists and are paid not to think )

So... continuing (and you need to use your ideas because I don't know your job)... because of the problem with not sleeping well, I need... ??? what are you requesting?? to be able to have flex time???

Got it? Let me know if you need more help.. You can do this... and yes I fully understand how insurance companies twist things. I've been surveilled for 29 years!

Can you do this job at home????

Believe in Him or not --- GOD LOVES YOU!

Want to share your Christian faith? Click HERE
(JD) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote